View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
ParkStr8
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 370z Sport Tech
ParkStr8 is on a distinguished road

Having a new roadster I knew I was going to have to modify my diving style - open roof, smaller car, blind spots, lower stance, bad LA roads, STUPID LA drivers.

I willingly accept all of the above cause I love my Z. We have a new FX as well.

My observations about LA drivers are:

1. they see the Z and get all passive aggressive by either trying to be too close or too far away.

2. when my is top I down - I make sure I look directly at people being passive aggressive in a such a way that terrifies them. (yes - i'm kinda muscely and tattoo'd). I think people are afraid of me (I'm a 49 year old white boy - so it must be my "energy") and stay away. And I'm fine with that.

3. I have no issue driving normally and relaxed - heck, it's LA. My average speed is about 15mph. I do, however, often yell at people while sitting in traffic to "get off your ******* phone" as everyone here texts and drives. Did I mention that I've had 2 accidents in the last 2 years by drivers doing just that. And each time I sued and not only taught them a valuable lesson - but also got checks for 10k+.

4. The ones that do get close enough to try and "challenge" me - I look at briefly with that "get away from me stare" ...then ignore. They can f'off.

I have gotten about 10 compliments so far - majority from big black women. Who knew?

Just my .02.

BTW - not a badass, just a nice guy here with no patience for idiot drivers.

Last edited by ParkStr8; 06-16-2013 at 10:12 AM.
ParkStr8 is offline   Reply With Quote