View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #102 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Thanks Mr&Mrs for all the info. I am going for the Xbox One now, mainly because of the 4K resolution support, superior cloud support, Kinect/TV support. DRM isn't a problem for me as I have internet (doesn't everyone?? hah)

May I ask, why have 2 xbox's/tv's in the same room? Not a fan of split screen I take it?

Edit: You are very lucky to have a wife that games with you! My lady freaks out and tosses the controller from anxiety when getting shot at..
I too am a huge fan/supporter for 4k resolution. The cloud is an amazing thing for Microsoft as well. Its combined CPU power will bring the Xbox One to near 5Tflops of performance. There is heavy speculation on this right now from critics that do not understand how Microsoft is going to use this power. So I have not mentioned much about it. It is an awesome tool and we will see in due time.

She only plays a select few titles and some I get really into so I do not want her eating up my screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Also, have you heard which system is easier to develop games for? I heard 360 was easier to develop for and even with inferior power, had better graphics than the PS3 at times because the software was better. Any thoughts?

Sorry if this was discussed earlier I haven't read everything posted.
I have looked for some info on this and have not found to many details yet. I honestly think over time the PS4 will have slightly better graphics due to the DDR5 memory and the OS using less of the memory to run. I think there are two things that are very important when thinking about the graphics though.

#1 Developers already spend lots of money making games hoping to make some profit in the long run. So why over develop a game for one platform when you can slap it on a different disc/cloud with little effort and deliver the same graphics to both systems. Now the one with more power may run it a little smoother or faster but only a benchmark tester would probably be able to notice it.

#2 You can have hardware 50x better but if 4k technology takes off, which I see no reason it won't, that 50x better hardware won't compete at a 4k level.

I know my posts seem to be defending Microsoft but it is because of all the bad info I have read then debunked on my own. I want to make sure I make a fair choice not an internet influenced/propaganda one.

That said I still dont know which one im gaming on yet! The Kinect thing I mentioned above could be a problem if I want to go that route.