View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Weights:

Stock seat with brackets: 42 lbs

Sparco w/bride brackets: 49.5 for a net gain of 15 lbs.

Keep in mind, the Sparco is a high end street seat with all the adjustments, not a race shell. Bride brackets alone are 9.5 lbs so they're no lightweights either..

I was surprised at how light the stock seats actually are. My old Audi seats weighed in at 52lbs +

Bracket adapted to the Sparco with no problems:

First seat in with no issues, passenger side tomorrow. On the airbag light, I jumpered the plug with a 4.7 Ohm resister. Made up a pigtail by cutting the connector off the stock seat instead of jamming the resistor into the car side plug. It can always be re-attached to the stock seat if I go back. Worked great...No light:

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 10-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote