View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #3942 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
perfect lmb!!! Ty!!

Not too expensive either (maybe?)!
Hubby can't see a diff w/o sise by side, but i am the enthusiast i CAN!!

Gawd-list of mods keeps growing.
Spacers
4.08 rear gear
FI exhaust
Painted engine bay strut bar
(Plasti-dip) wheels and emblems (liking the darker wheels on BC)

Sigh.

Did i tell you guys how awesome Harry handled cornering at autocross last weekend?! Omg!
ms bc - PLEASE don't PlastiDip your wheels. Either get them properly painted or powdercoated. Gunmetal would look great on your car. I did mine in the 40th body color "KAV".

Regarding spacers - my usual disclaimer. Some tire shops here in Houston refuse to service a car with spacers. You have to remove the tire from the car yourself and then put it back on. Note the word "some".

Not a big deal until you are on your way to a meeting is a nice suit and get a flat on a 95 degree day. Just check with the place you would normally do business with and you won't have any surprises. It probably isn't even an issue, but you never know.

If you go the spacers route, which for you shouldn't be a problem since Tony is very hands-on, definitely go with hub-centric, stud replacement spacers. Stillen sells H&R which is what I had and are pictured so eloquently on the roof of JAR's Z:

H&R Trak+ DRS Wheel Spacers | STILLEN

I would recommend 15mm front and 20mm rear.

I agree that spacers definitely make the car look better, especially the rear wheels, but if you look at most race cars, their wheels are usually tucked in a bit too. I would assume that is for aero reasons.

You ought to think about getting your calipers painted too by Mike the powdercoater.

One final comment - as fun as it is to mod and personalize my car, everything I have ever done has resulted in some type of compromise or unexpected problem (that was eventually corrected). Most are not a big deal, but there is a reason Nissan engineered our cars the way they did. I'm not trying to scare you from modding your car, I just want you to go into things with your eyes wide open.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim