Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #1938 (permalink)
Z Stig
Track Member

Drives: SOLD: '10 370Z BC M6
Z Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarMan View Post
What I have read from several FFLs is that they did not want to be the target of any legal action should they release a firearm to a purchaser after the 7 day period to find out that some whackjob takes out a family or worse and then they are taken to court for liability because they were disapproved when MSP finally ran the NICS check. Even though it would fail, the costs associated with defending themselves would likely be tremendous if not catastrophic for some of the smaller FFLs.
Makes sense to me. HUGE liability. I will not do a private sale to just anyone either. If I do not have direct knowlege that they have recently been allowed to purchase a firearm legally, I will not sell one to them. The only exception that I will make is if they have a USG issued security clearance, and even then it would be rare.

I have only sold a few in my days, because of the liability. I have been known to trade some in to the FFL that I was using to buy my next firearm.

Now: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for off-road fun, 2015 BMW 228ix for on-road fun
Z Stig is offline   Reply With Quote