View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
iamrawr
Base Member

Drives: '13 White Z w/SP 6MT
iamrawr is on a distinguished road
Default *Update*

okay so after a few weeks of research i finally attempted to repair it myself. now i've hit an obstacle: after sanding the area and applying a few coats of pearl white factory paint (ordered straight from my local nissan dealer - paint code QAB), sanded again, it doesn't quite match very well with the surrounding areas... (pics provided below). is there a cure time that i have to know about before applying the pearly topcoat? will it gradually blend to be almost like the rest of the paint once given adequate time to dry? your help is much appreciated!

fairly new to the whole sanding/polishing thing. and i'm doing everything by hand. using 1000,1500,2000,3000 grits. and swirlX for sanding mark removal once i finally get the topcoat on there.

sorry for the crappy pics. iPhone didn't know how to focus into the scrapes on the left side. the section that i worked on is on the right of the scrapes. kind of patchy... you see:

all in all... how do i blend this...?

Last edited by iamrawr; 06-14-2013 at 11:14 PM.
iamrawr is offline   Reply With Quote