View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice
Default everyone please read this

I am stretching the definitions of what is supposed to be posted here but for good reason.
Today I drove my Z home from the hospital..

Two weeks before my 35 year old son's scheduled wedding day, last Saturday as he arrived back from his bachelor party, and as she was returning from a party with the girls, he was stricken with a major heart attack.

His friend is an Emergency Medical Technician and he worked him with CPR until the Rescue truck arrived. He was rushed to a nearby hospital while they struggled to get his heart beating..It had stopped for at least five minutes but they got it going. I will never forget that frantic phone call from one of their friends at 2 am Sunday morning,...

He has been in the Intensive Care ward with pacemaker, heart pump, ventilator, and various other tubes feeding drugs to keep him alive.

Today I am happy to say, all the devices have been turned off and he is awake and talking..heart is damaged but brain seems okay..

He did not know he had a weak heart and at the party drank at least four Red Bulls..lots and lots of caffeine..he got sick there and collapsed ..

The good news is that he is alive ..his wedding and honeymoon postponed but not cancelled.

I post this so maybe at least one of you younger guys that think nothing can ever touch you will read this and think..I know he always thought he was invincible..he could ski off trail, drink as much as he wanted and so on..He was strong and healthy and never thought it would be him lying in a hospital bed on the day he was to get married....

He seems to be okay but his heart has serious damage..His life is about to change but at least he has a life...

This post is for you young people who think it cant happen to you..it can,..Maybe this post can make a difference to at least on of you..
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote