View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMIT View Post
On the way home from work, driving on the interstate. A truck, similar to the picture below, blew a tire. The truck appeared as though it came straight out of a dirt/gravel pit and the explosion blew dirt and rocks all over the road as well.

It was slow motion... the tread was cartwheeling through the air, directly at my car. I utilized the Akebono brakes for all they were worth and was able to avoid the large tread. A 1ft long piece bounced off the A-pillar only leaving rubber marks, no damage thankfully. 80-0 mph feels like an eternity in these situations.

The even scarier part is that the vehicle in front of me was a motorcycle, he passed the truck about 2 seconds before it blew.

Damn, dude.