View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Got my master cylinder yesterday, and I just finished tackling the removal and install.

Removing the master cylinder was a very easy task - suck out as much fluid from the resovoir as possible, then unbolt it, and remove it along with the hose. The master cylinder is held in place by two nuts in the driver footwell, and is connected to the clutch pedal by a wrist pin. It's pretty simple to remove, but be prepared to break your back and bend in ways you didn't know you could!

Since I learned you can't pressure bleed the clutch system, I did a flush through first by opening the bleeder screw, and running 2 small bottles of fluid through the system to get contaminants and the old fluid out. I then opened a fresh bottle of Valvoline fluid, and filled it up to the top, and then proceeded to do a two man brake method. My friend was unavailable today, so I had to make do by myself:

The handle of a floor jack is such a magical tool. ^^ I just pushed the pedal to the floor, placed the handle there, and then moved the seat forward as much as possible to hold it there.

My method for the two person was to pump the pedal 5 times (otherwise, no pressure was built in the system), and then to place the handle there, go under the car, and then quickly open and close the bleeder screw. I repeated this about 6-8 times, and each time, the pedal came back stronger and stronger.

Galeforce and the others, you were right. The pedal feels STIFF. There is like, a 1/4 inch of slop now, as compared to my literal inch of slop. I'm about to go drive it to the store and stuff for a test drive.