View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfoilist View Post
No problems on my end. The car handles well and I felt secure on the road. Having said that, I agree that most southern Californians see rain and view it as an irritating inconvenience, speeding up to get to where they are going. It's always a dangerous situation, regardless of the car you are in. It's just unbelievable to look at a traffic map on a day with light rain and see the sheer volume of reported accidents.
Irritating inconvenience? No no no, I think not. I think SoCalers don't know the difference between driving in wet and dry conditions. I've ridden in a family friend's car during a storm, and they just floored the pedals and ran it hard into corners like any dry day. Rain just showcases our ignorance, and further reinforces my belief that we need more stringent driving tests.

Of course, it doesn't help when you have a bunch of unlicensed / uninsured idiots on the road with you like in Los Angeles...

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote