View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with almost all of this. The Halo series sells systems. I do not even play them anymore but I still buy them all because I remember all the good times I had with it when I was younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro6 View Post
I totally understand your point with the pricing in family situations. I was just saying price point as moot, in our general grouping here, adults buying for themselves as this is a 'which are you buying' thread. As for developers choosing which system to develop for? I feel like most major games are on both systems, so obviously that cost and ease arent a real issue. SUre there are games that are only on one that you speak of, but disregarding the ones that im sure the companies pay for rights to an exclusive deal with, those games are almost blah for most hardcore gamers i feel. They arent sytem decision making games (the smaller games that are only on one due to ease of development) This is of course just my feelings from experience, and in no way based on factual numbers that ive researched lol

as for your other question, that would be interesting to know about expensive systems ruling over cheaper ones.