View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
jofro6
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Touring
jofro6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
Price is a big deal because of other effects it produces. When little Timmy wants a game console system and frugal parents compare, they compare pretty much by price. That puts Timmy on the cheaper system. Same with a whole host of people who barely afford a system plus the games/periphs. This gives you a base of people who will be on the cheaper system, regardless of any other quality. Game developers look at the cost to develop a game on a platform and the potential market numbers.

Just talking off the top of my head, I wonder how many game consoles have led their generation while flat out costing significantly more?

I totally understand your point with the pricing in family situations. I was just saying price point as moot, in our general grouping here, adults buying for themselves as this is a 'which are you buying' thread. As for developers choosing which system to develop for? I feel like most major games are on both systems, so obviously that cost and ease arent a real issue. SUre there are games that are only on one that you speak of, but disregarding the ones that im sure the companies pay for rights to an exclusive deal with, those games are almost blah for most hardcore gamers i feel. They arent sytem decision making games (the smaller games that are only on one due to ease of development) This is of course just my feelings from experience, and in no way based on factual numbers that ive researched lol

as for your other question, that would be interesting to know about expensive systems ruling over cheaper ones.
2012 Red 6Spd Touring/Nav.. FI CF NonRes CBE and Res TP #682 Fly1 RS1 CF Fenders
jofro6 is offline   Reply With Quote