View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro6 View Post
that forbes article is fine, ive read it when it first came out yesterday. But its still all moot points. $500 price is not a lot, especially when you compare it to what ps3 cost when it first came out... I guarantee sony had 2 price points set for ps4 based on what xbox said it was launching at. Xbox one is the same price as what 360 and kinect cost for people that bought them both when they came out.
Price is a big deal because of other effects it produces. When little Timmy wants a game console system and frugal parents compare, they compare pretty much by price. That puts Timmy on the cheaper system. Same with a whole host of people who barely afford a system plus the games/periphs. This gives you a base of people who will be on the cheaper system, regardless of any other quality. Game developers look at the cost to develop a game on a platform and the potential market numbers.

Just talking off the top of my head, I wonder how many game consoles have led their generation while flat out costing significantly more?
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote