View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
True, I'm just saying that GM has not announced a ATSV yet but it is true that you can order the current CTSV as a 2014 model. That just started this week as people have placed orders. The pecking order for these models in relation to the new C7 has mot been made public. It's doubtful that a new V wagon comes out, people think that ship has sailed and they will become collectors cars, even more if it's a manual 6 speed. My local dealer wants me to trade my 09 V for an new ATS. I told her she was nutty for that suggestion.
Too bad I did not have space to keep the Nismo, they would be a good pair to own as compliments to each other.
I appreciate the update bruh... I'm gonna try to follow that 3.6TT news better.

EDIT: This is what we do know... GM is test running a ATS-V variant vehicle against BMW's M3 sedan. Obviously they are on the attack to make a better performance sedan than the M3. Now I don't know what's under the hood, but i doubt it's a v8. It would be too front heavy and cause plowing in the corners.
BMW usually runs a high tech small v8 (4.4ltr) or there signature v6 turbo. I don't see GM spending money on a v8 small and powerful enough to compete against the M3. My educated guess would be the rumor is probably closer to fact than rumor. Either way, The ATS-V being tested to outperform the M3 is exactly what GM/Cadillac needs to revitalize the brand

I'm wishing Cadillac the best of luck in this difficult task they took on. While BMW's have been generally overrated. The M-series remains a force to be reckoned with. This is going to be an insane battle.

http://blogs.automotive.com/spied-20...m3-140515.html

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 06-12-2013 at 11:18 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote