View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #254 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
It's pretty mentally and physically exhausting. I normally do a lot of physical work around the house/garage every day and then also write software the rest of the day, and I still only sleep from around midnight to 6-7AM. On track weekends, I often get back to the motel from Saturday's sessions around 6-7pm and find it difficult not to just pass out on the bed immediately. If you're driving home directly from a track day (which I usually do on Sundays), it pays to take it a little easy on your final session or two.

Of course: it goes without saying that you should really pay attention to hydration and nutrition over these weekends, and try to get a few really good nights of sleep leading up to it. Drinking during a track weekend or even a few days before is out, too.
thank you...I appreciate your feedback. and insight. points taken to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
all excellent points wstar

Sorry to hear about the CC

Mythbusters 2013 Episode Guide : Discovery Channel Refer to the "Race car driver can lose 10 lbs during a race" While I don't think they get quite that much in their results, it is obvious that driving a race car stresses both body and mind.
thanks Jar...it has been cancelled but not located (or used, which tells me it is someplace in my car or jeans pocket etc)...

Tam told me all this but I was so close to home the first time I did the auto cross I guess I didn;t notice. But Sunday! OMG! I am glad my little one was with her sister. I had a horrible time getting home (about an hours drive). very little to drink, NOTHING to eat until afterwards. WOW! if I could do it wrong it appears I did.

Sorry Tam!! I did not listen well to your lessons learned!!