View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
tiger123
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 AT Tour/Sport/Nav
tiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
The arrows really don't have anything to do with a threat. They just give you a general direction to look...

Which, if you need an arrow to pull your head out of the dash and out scanning front and back, then a radar detector isn't going to do you any good.

I am constantly scanning both oncoming and similarly flowing traffic curbs to see if there is a car on the side of the road, and the medians for those crossovers they love to park at. When my radar detector goes off, I get even more paranoid about it.
Look, I agree with Highway. It would take a lot of radar dectector to get me to even think about moving away from my V1.

And yes, the arrows do make a huge difference. You know exactly where the threat is coming from. Unlike any other dectector, you have no idea where it's coming from. This is one huge advantage V1 has.

The front arrow and back arrow tell the story. The side arrows are not a threat as any cop using radar can not get you from the side. They have to be either in front of you coming towards you, or from the rear heading towards you.

It really is amazing to see the Front arrow going off then going to the side arrows and eventually to the rear arrows heading away from you. You then know for sure the threat is gone. Very nice indeed.