View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i would still choose the new accord sedan over these. why? cause it looks better and they are meh...sedans. lol
Historically I never been into these types of sedans. Test driven a few. Thought. Wow, Kewl and forgot about them the next day. I really had the same mindset as you. I would have rather bought an accord or altima over this type of sedan. But when i felt caddy's performance coming out of this sedan, I was amazed. There were reactions from the 2.0 motor that are missing in the Z, even though it's slower. It cornered so well, I forgot about this being a 4 door sedan.

A preconceived notion vs an actual driving experience made me see the car differently. I see the ATS as the truest sports sedan out there in terms of driving experience out to $50k budget limit. Styling isn't my favorite either. But it makes me crave for a next gen camaro badly.

I don't like sedans and converts, but i'm writing about it... so it's gotta be a good sedan to waste my time writing this.

EDIT: The ATS is made from Hydroform steel and weighs 3400lbs with four doors. Imagine this chassis evolving to partial aluminum. They can reduce weight probably an extra 100lbs. With removing all the luxuries for a simpler interior in a sporty camaro. The Alpha may be as low as 3200-3300lbs as a camaro with a 300+hp turbo and a 450hp v8.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 06-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote