View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #99 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
I have to say I hate Tailgaters and I am not one of them. Any Car especially large trucks that tailgate suck....My posts were directed at Luigi who said I was making up laws...I didn't...If an Independent witness says you purposely slammed on your brakes because you were mad, then you better have a front Camera that can prove the deer ran out, or as stated by an attorney, you will be fixing your own Car..

The Attorney states that if you purposely slam on your brakes and it was from anger, you will be the one who used your car as a weapon...This attorney has gotten convictions of assault on the front car... It is not a cut and dry case...Unless you have two cameras at the time of the accident. And no independent witness.. Also remember you are stating that all you have to do is Lie.... To the police and your insurance...A crime ..

And I am not defending tailgaters...They suck...My original post stated that slamming on your brakes for the sole reason of responding to a tailgater is a crime is accurate...People have been convicted of assault...That is just my way of warning you guys that it may not turn out like you want it to...But good for you on the camera...Get one for the front and you have it all covered...

And last why would anyone slam their brakes on a tailgater in a Z car ? That is just looking for a bad accident. Especially a large truck...
Ok. I agree that causing the accident is not ideal; especially in a Z.
I was simply making a point that if you articulate your response correctly, you may not look like the guy who slammed on his brakes. And perhaps the deer scenario was a poor one. Perhaps, let the tuck fard keep riding you and let up off the gas. This way if he tails you and taps your car, you could say that you were adjusting your distance between you and the car in front of you. I believe the law holds the second car accountable to adjust his/her speed to adjust to traffic. If they couldn't, then it would indicate what? That they were tailgating. Either way causing an accident is not ideal, but neither is making a conscious decision to purposely tailgate someone. As far as court goes...

In my above statement, one might be not telling the truth, but don't assume that in the real world, neither the other driver nor the po-po is going to be honest. When you go to court you have an OPPORTUNITY for justice; doesn't mean you will get it; just because you told the truth and did all the right things. Just a thought...Not recommending you cause an accident, but just recognize its in the presentation...