View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
ejrives
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09-6MT-T/S/N
ejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to ejrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
A few of these transmission stories have come up now. I'm wondering if the people having the transmission failures are novices to manual transmissions. Did you learn to drive manual on your 370Z? Perhaps the car doesn't lend itself well to those learning to drive stick.

Nope, not a novice. The last 4 cars I've owned have been sticks. 11 years of driving a manual ftw. I'm going to have to go with crappy build quality on the transmission for the root of the issue.

The new transmission is great !! I went for a 100 mile test after getting it back from the dealership. It feels like a completely different car. The most unexpected result is that I've no longer got the 1st to 2nd notorious clunk that so many are complaining about and the chattery sound when leaving first is greatly reduced. Each gear feels awesome and very firm with no issues shifting anymore. I'm stoked and feel like I actually got what I paid for now

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Stillen G3 CAI || 35% tints || FI CBE coming soon...
ejrives is offline   Reply With Quote