View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #96 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
I cannot wait for the thread..."I was tailgated so I break checked the truck" He rammed me and now with witnesses saying I brake checked him, now I have to fix my Z."

You do realize that tailgating is illegal, but so is slamming on your brakes....

If someone is tailgating you, and you feel the need to slam on your brakes...First they won...They got under your skin...And second, if witnesses see that you slammed on your brakes on purpose ? You will be fixing your own car....I will wait for the new thread...
its all in how you state it to the officer. If you say, "Saw a deer run out in front of you and you tried to stop" and the guy behind you was deliberately tailgatinging (after you tapped your brakes once as a warning) then the court might ask the truck driver why he ingored the first warning and made the decision to use his vehicle as a weapon; putting both himself and the other driver at risk... As the driver of the Z you just say you don't know anything about the guy behind you... Saw an animal run out in front of me and I hit the brakes to slow down. The tailgating dumb *** hit me; even after I had tapped my brakes once before to warn them.

....or put a video recorder in the back window and take the recording down to the local majestrate....with that kind of evidence, they usually issue a summons...its worked real nice for me in VA. It helped our majetrate take a few of these tuck fards off the road; for ever.