View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don’t believe that rotors warp. But that discussion has already been played out a million times on this forum.

When you swapped back to your OEM pads did you at least sand the rotors? Did you properly bed the OEM pads after re-installation? The Carbo-Tech compound may not like the OEM compound.

I also track my car with XP-10’s and swap back the OEM pads for the street. And I get brake judder all the time if don’t remove the transfer layer and bed them.

However, I have fixed countless “warped” rotors with garnet (not aluminum oxide) sandpaper on a palm sander or drill sander. Garnet sandpaper can be ordered through 3M or at Harbor Freight.