Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #714 (permalink)
Caustic
Base Member

Drives: '02 Acura NSX
Caustic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
The biggest potential problem is that GRRM blew his load with the Red Wedding and what I think will happen with the season 3 finale. I definitely find A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons good books, but I am wondering if the screenwriters can keep it up and make it a compelling TV series. It seems that he is building up to something big and awesome, but he is taking a lot of time to do it. Being a straight white male, I am looking forward to the Martell women, but the success of the show needs to go beyond that to keep the interest of other demographics.

Like you said, so far so good!
( Click to show/hide )

Nothing is as impactful as the Red Wedding. I guess you can say Martin did blow his load. But you have to remember, there is still Tyrion's part of the story still left. I am certain Jeoffrey's wedding will happen next season. And that is pretty big.

And while book 4 was just ok, book 5 is nearly as good as book 3, and more stuff happens. They will probably have to split up book 5 into two seasons as well. There is a lot HBO still has to do. There is a lot of content.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote