Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #712 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
I hope so too, and I am pretty sure they will. The show feels like a rewrite from Martin if he could do it all again. With book 4 being the weakest so far, next season will most certainly combine the end of book 3 with parts of 4. The season after will probably combine parts of 4 with 5, making it a smoother transition over all. At least I hope so.

They have done an excellent job so far, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they progress. No one else could have pulled this off except HBO.
The biggest potential problem is that GRRM blew his load with the Red Wedding and what I think will happen with the season 3 finale. I definitely find A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons good books, but I am wondering if the screenwriters can keep it up and make it a compelling TV series. It seems that he is building up to something big and awesome, but he is taking a lot of time to do it. Being a straight white male, I am looking forward to the Martell women, but the success of the show needs to go beyond that to keep the interest of other demographics.

Like you said, so far so good!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote