View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gibby1113
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
Gibby1113 is on a distinguished road
Default Ark DT-S exhaust review

So I finally got my exhaust installed today and decided to write a little review for those of you that may be interested in this system. First of all I have to give credit to the guys at Ark for such an awesome exhaust. I'll try to get around to put up some pics.

Fitment:
This exhaust fits PERFECT. The tips are nice and snug within the cutouts of the the rear bumper. The exhaust fits like the stock exhaust with a good amount of clearance like the stock exhaust. My Z isn't lowered so I'm good in that area.

Weight:
The weight of this exhaust is kinda on the heavy side. It weighs around 80 pounds I think. I didn't mind getting an exhaust that weighs a lot so I didn't care about that

Quality:
I had done my research when I was looking at different exhaust systems and I took many into consideration. I was not disappointed when I got my exhaust. The welds are awesome and everything is cleaned inside and out.

Power:
I haven't dynoed my car so I can't tell exactly how much of a difference it makes after it is installed but it does add power. The car seems much more responsive but then again it could all be in my head. Keep in mind I have the Takeda Attack Stage 2 CAI so overall the car is quicker.

SOUND:
So obviously we buy exhaust systems for the sound they will give our car to help further customize our cars. I wanted an exhaust that looked awesome, sounded deep, no hiss, quiet when cruising, no drone, but loud when stepping on it and this exhaust fit all of my needs. The start up is awesome. VERY DEEP. The exhaust purs so deep when cruising and shifting to different gears. The SRM helps out when putting it into neutral. The exhaust really comes alive when stepping on the throttle

Overall review:
If you want a similar exhaust like I described above then look no further. The Ark DT-S exhaust is for you. I loved this exhaust from pictures and videos but videos do not do this exhaust justice AT ALL. It sounds so much better in person. Hope this review helped out someone cuz I know it would helped me make my decision when I was looking at different exhausts.
40th anniversary #450/1000 | Takeda Attack CAI | Ark DTS exhaust | to be continued...
Gibby1113 is offline   Reply With Quote