View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #4779 (permalink)
3.7 ZPA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z 6MT
3.7 ZPA is on a distinguished road

So, I decided to head over to the office today to get some uninterrupted work done. A commute that's supposed to be 20 minutes took me over an hour. Here's the breakdown:

Pull out of my parking garage.
1st obstacle: guy in Tacoma not moving at the green light on Main St. I honk the horn, and he moves after some hesitation.

2nd obstacle: ghetto bunny decides to bee-bop across the street against the green light, causing me to slam on my brakes and yell at her out the window. This is across Riverdale Ave.

3rd obstacle: people on drugs going about 15mph in both lanes on Yonkers Ave. I downshift to second, and pass them angrily when some space clears.

4th obstacle: as I'm merging on to the Cross County from Yonkers Ave, this douche in an SUV is doing about 10mph around the curve. I love this on-ramp, and he just ruined it for me. When space clears, I pass at WOT in second gear. My eyes are starting to twitch.

5th obstacle: people slamming on their brakes as they merge on to the highway, because there's a problem on the other side of the Cross County, and it's backed up for miles. I just cruise calmly to the Sprain, because I don't know any of these people are capable of.

6th obstacle: Bronx River closed due to flooding from last night's storm. I should have known this. People slamming on their brakes out of confusion. They don't know what to do now. I think "no big deal, I'll get off on Central Ave."

7th obstacle: Central Ave. exit backed up on to the highway. Apparently, I'm not that smart. Guy in an Accord cuts me off from the highway. I lose it for a moment, but regain my composure.

8th obstacle: I hit every light up to the street I need to turn down. People driving very slow.

9th obstacle: I finally get to the deli near my office, and park on the street. The parking lot in front is entirely too cramped. I walk up, and these two nitwits backed into each other. Instead of parking in spots while they gather each other's information, they decide to leave their cars in the middle of the lot. People trying to get in can't, and reverse on to the busy street behind them, almost colliding with on-coming traffic. I laugh loudly and obnoxiously, so these two idiots get the picture.

I finally arrived at the office, and enjoyed my delicious bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. It came at a cost, though. **** like this makes me detest humanity.