View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 labs, average size...once's 60 pounds the other is 70 pounds. Once while I was installing my audio system my dog climbed into the footwell and managed to fit so for kicks I let them climb in the trunk to see if they would fit there. Each of them could individually fit back there, but I would never actually drive with either of them like that.

2 reasons. One, the space isn't really big enough. A full size lab most certainly would have to lay down and not move at all for the entire ride. This just seems unnecessarily cruel. Secondly, it's not even remotely safe. If you were to get into an accident, especially in the rear of your car, there is a very real and fairly significant possibility that you are going to kill your dog.

Please don't do this. Labs are awesome dogs and I highly recommend getting one, but do the right thing and get a harness so your dog can enjoy the ride too! If you're worried about your interior a passenger side seat cover or even a blanket should protect it pretty well, though with a larger dog you'll be forever cleaning nose prints off your windows. Best of luck!
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote