View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
When I bought my Santa Fe in 2003 (please don't hate on me), it used to smell like rotten eggs almost every day. After some heated discussions with the service manager, I was finally convinced that it was the additives in the gasoline (especially during the Cleveland winters). Once I tried different brands, the smell would be gone with some, but not others. It never threw a code, so I just learned to live with it.

The smell finally went away, but still comes and goes, depending on the gasoline used.
Since the Santa Fe has hideous performance, one will tend to mash the pedal, thereby dumping fuel, creating heat and cooking the cats.