View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

It's a tough question to answer really given that I never did a dyno comparison. I think the exhaust is a particularly difficult item to 'butt dyno' as you add a new element to the experience....LOUD sound. My gut feeling is that removing the muffler added power just given the restrictive nature of the stock exhaust. However, it was so much louder that I'm not sure I could separate the sensation of improved acceleration from the overwhelming auditory experience that at certain revs was downright painful.

In comparison, I finalized my exhaust dilemma by purchasing a Stillen catback (which I love). The sound is awesome without being overly intrusive or painful. While the sensation of increased power is subtle, I will say that I find it much easier to chirp the tires on aggressive shifts or flat-out spin them when I jab the accelerator while driving.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote