View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #61 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Not really, if you install any new speaker you will want/need to install an external amp and a LOC to A) give you a clean un altered signal. B) Be compatible. There are some installers out there that argue you can, however it will not sound good and give you the volume your after in my experience.
I know this is a terrible answer... But at THIS moment, I'm not too interested in doing a full install, and I'd assume that changing at least the speakers is better than nothing(?)
That being said, I know that all the Bose systems have weird Ohms, but is there a speaker out there that will work without any major modification?