View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
WSM370
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z Sport Pkg
WSM370 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
In your oringal message, the video you posted is the "AAM SHORT TAILS". OR Axleback. $300-400

The exhaust for $1150 or so, is the "True Dual Exhaust".

The short tails are a muffler delete and sound great, however dont give you any hp or tq. They are simply for sound.

The true dual runs from the back of the cats to the rear. So you get extra piping which gives you the added hp gains.

There are other exhausts that give relatively the same amount of gains for cheaper then Fast Intentions, AAM, ARK, etc.. Its just based on quality of the material and the overall sound you want to achieve.

If you ONLY want sound, just get some short tails, or HFCs or TP's. That will give you power and keep your wallet full.
Thank You for all the help, the more the better.
Nick,
I did consider the short tails, there are a few different videos out there from AAM maybe got them mixed up just love the way that Z sounds. I would love to spend 400.00 instead of 1150.00 for the true dual 2.5". One I've been told that it won't pass Pennsylvania state inspection, I'll be ok on the emissions test but we have two different tests in Pa every year so I'd have to take it off at least once a year. Second if I would get pulled over for noise, which has been done in this town and see no muffler they could write me up and make me take it off and go through that hassle. Third it would be nice to have a little extra power, with 2.5" CBE, speaking of which is it worth spending the money on the K&N drop ins ???
Fourth I choose those two company's based on what I saw on the forum & with shipping 1250-1300 is maximum budget for me. Again thanks and keep the opinions coming - Bill Miller
WSM370 is offline   Reply With Quote