View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #165 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousZ34 View Post
[SNIP]
i know someone who runs 30shot(is it shot or shots? i have always heard it referred to as shots when talking about n2o but i could have misheard it) wet on his G35 along with his supercharger, he gained about 60whp from it and he even runs 2 maps, one for when he is on spray and one when he isnt, and i do have experience running n2o, just not on the Z platform so i dont know how much a bone stock motor with a stock tune can handle, if it can handle 100shot wet on stock everything than great, run that, i still wouldnt recommend someone do that(and i never will, i personally dont think running that much n2o is safe without retuning and getting colder plugs)

im not claiming to be a n2o guru here, but i have my opinions on running it and i dont think my opinions will change(well not easily at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC671 View Post
So your pistons were screwed and you fried the piston rings? Did ripped apart everything with the mad scientist?!? LOL sounds too much of FnF 1.

Poor man's mod!?!? So I'm guessing that cars that are built for nitrous, the owners are poor?

Nitrous is a form of force induction, just like turbo and sc. All forms of force induction can be made to be safe if done right and properly. You can run a TT kit all day @7 psi at the waste gate and as long as your tune is good you'll be safe. Same as running a 75 shot etc. There are tons of cars out there that have insane ETs and WHP using nitrous as their main power adder or sub power adder.

It's people who have no business chiming in on nitrous or other forms of information help who have no clue what their talking about that bugs me.

I think I've read about you getting every single TT kit or BP kit around here For someone to say nitrous is cheaping out on going FI that's the same like someone buying a beluga exhaust because its cheaper than going Fast Intentions or other more recognizable brands.
i couldnt agree anymore, in fact i would argue that n2o is probably safer in the long run(if its tuned properly of course) than a turbo or supercharger is because you are not spraying 100% of the time unlike a turbo/supercharger where you will always be in boost no matter what so it isnt wearing out your motor as fast

@everyone
im sorry if im spreading misinformation or giving bad advice, i am not too familiar with n2o running on any VQ motor but i am also in the process of learning because i eventually want to get a good n2o setup going on my Z

Last edited by luigi90210; 06-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote