View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
If you have the OEM fog light, you need to modify a 7443 socket and wire it with a 7443 bulb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post
I don't have anything right now. I was hoping someone could tell me what to get. Haha. And I have almost no wiring knowledge, but I have friends so the less wiring (I know it will still probably be a ton) the better.
The 7443 is a dual-element bulb, ie, two lamps in one. You will need to replace the single-element socket in the fog light with the 7443 socket. Wire one of the elements to the existing fog light wire and the other element to one of the brake lights.

You can also buy a module that will use the existing lamp and vary the brightness or flash the light, depending on how you set it up.

There is at least one DIY of each procedure on this site.