View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #67 (permalink)
RollTideZ30
Base Member

Drives: '11 370 SR 7AT T+S
RollTideZ30 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I know this is going to be long but thought I would give you an update after my test drives and let you know what car I picked.

The A5 and A4 are very nice! The reason I like them so much are the looks of the front/grill and headlights along with the running lights. Just looks spectacular from the front. I was turned off by the price of the A5 and the dealership and I were too far apart to make a deal even if I wanted the car. The A4 is nice but I'm looking for a 2 door while I'm still young and the front of the car is about the only thing that really turns me on about it. After driving all three it has a good amount of acceleration and enough horses to put you in the back of your seat but not as much as the others. It became a regular car to me over time and after hearing about how only Audi works on Audi cars and the "Audi Tax" it was pointless for me to buy an expensive car and pay ridiculous amounts for up keep to only like the front/grill and not get anything performance wise that the other two didn't offer. Final decision....Audi was not my car.

Next the BRZ. I finally found a dealership that had a couple in stock and went and gave them a look. First thing I noticed is that it looks even better in person as it does in pictures. I really liked the looks of the car. Next, the inside was extremely small. One thing I really like about the car was that it had four seats for a 'just in case I needed extra room I had it'. Wellllll no. They might as well not even have the back seats. I'm not kidding when I say this but the driver's/passengers seats was literally pressed against the back seats. If someone else tried to ride in the back they would have to lay down in the back seats. The test drive went well. I know what every one means now by the great handling. I have about the same review as everyone has had, it handles great and hugs the road like a champ but there is a noticeable lack of power especially on the top end. This may be far off but I felt the A4 had just as much power. After all was said and done (the price is nice, handles well, lacks power, no way more than two people can ride in the car, looks great) I felt as if I was closer to finding my car but this still wasn't it. Final decision....While close, BRZ is not my car.

Finally the 370. My first test drive I was in a '13 base SR 7AT one the dealer put me in. It looked extremely good and definitely felt great sitting in it. The test drive went well. I enjoyed the paddle shifters and the car felt great. I instantly started to fall in love. In my opinion the car handled great and had amazing power. Just felt right. The inside felt better than the BRZ. No pointless back seats and trim and looks were better than the BRZ. I showed my interest and the dealer showed me a touring sport model. Guys...this thing was amazing. The rims, the spoiler, the leather heated seats, the screen for navigation...I was sold. Only problem was that it wasn't close to my price range. Well I went home and searched autotrader, cars, etc. and finally came across an '11 SR T+S for a great deal and jumped all over it. Final decision...370 is my car!!!!! I'm in love with my Z. I know I said I didn't like the looks as much but man has my opinion changed. I think this is by far the most beautiful car there is and so glad I did my research cause this car fits me great.

Anyways, thank you guys for welcoming me and I think I have found a new home! I have been lurking on threads for days now and really enjoy my time here. See everyone around
RollTideZ30 is offline   Reply With Quote