View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #39 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
One trick to test the functionality of a rear diffuser is to wait for a day with heavy rain and have a friend drive your car and you follow in another vehicle. As you follow, take a look at other cars on the road and notice how rain is being dispersed behind them (better yet, have another 370Z without a diffuser drive along side of the 370Z with a diffuser). You will see most cars on the road have sprays emitting from the front and rear wheel wells (not very efficient). Also take a look at how rain flows from the rear of the cars.

A functional diffuser will create a substantial rooster tail and should completely eliminate rain escaping from the rear wheel wells. My diffuser creates such a rooster tail that most cars cannot drive behind me in the rain

I created it out of aluminum flashing, aluminum plate, fiberglass and lots of pop rivets.

I bet no one else knows why the hell your car sprays water up like a jetski. Probably thinks you're an *******. But we know.....you're a badass. It's easily the most functional looking diffuser I've seen on a 370Z.

Do you have issues with curbs and slopes with that?
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote