View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbtech View Post
all 370 VIN numbers are the same there are just a few unique characters that differentiate yours from all the rest. so for instance, all 2010 anniversary edition 370's will have the same exact VIN information stating the year make and model of the car but the last five digits (guessing 5) of the VIN number will be different.
i just looked up on how to decipher a VIN and according to information i looked up the 10th digit of the VIN number indicates the model year of the vehicle no matter who the manufacturer is and according to the table i found my Z is in fact a 2014 as the 10th digit of my VIN is "E" which corresponds to a 2014 model year vehicle. Seems kinda weird that Nissan would be producing 2014's already unless my dealer has a big suprise in store for me and actually got ahold of one of the first 2014's off the line which would be totally awesome IMO

oh and here's the link to the website where i found the info http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN/VIN-Decoder.html