View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poor Man's Wind Tunnel

One trick to test the functionality of a rear diffuser is to wait for a day with heavy rain and have a friend drive your car and you follow in another vehicle. As you follow, take a look at other cars on the road and notice how rain is being dispersed behind them (better yet, have another 370Z without a diffuser drive along side of the 370Z with a diffuser). You will see most cars on the road have sprays emitting from the front and rear wheel wells (not very efficient). Also take a look at how rain flows from the rear of the cars.

A functional diffuser will create a substantial rooster tail and should completely eliminate rain escaping from the rear wheel wells. My diffuser creates such a rooster tail that most cars cannot drive behind me in the rain

I created it out of aluminum flashing, aluminum plate, fiberglass and lots of pop rivets.

Technical Analysis: