View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZziK View Post
I was definitely considering that, going with resonated test pipes but from what i've been reading, the smelling of gas fumes in the cabin is not something that i want to deal with.. anyone have any input on that?
It's not a big deal at all. I only smell it on start-up if I let the car warm up in the garage for a few minutes or after I shut the car off in the garage. On the road I don't smell it ever. It's not an unpleasant smell either. My wife likes it!

Of course, this is coming from a guy who had a Vette with straight through exhaust (LTH's, no cats, and the mufflers had bypass valves) and a big lumpy cam. Now THAT car smelled, big time. Wife liked that one too though, so it was not a big deal. What she didn't care for were the loud noises it made and the whole car shaking at idle.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote