View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
All the cars have the same gas tank design, and the same risk present powering out of a right hander. You don't even have to experience it to see the risk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
If your fuel tank looks different, please post pics.
You mean all 370Z cars, right? Cause I recently helped a buddy reinstall his Suburban gas tank (he replaced the fuel sending unit), and that thing is exactly what I would expect a fuel tank to look like - a big rectangle, more or less flat on the bottom. The Z's tank is shaped like that because of the rear strut brace if I'm not mistaken. Terrible design flaw... worst on the vehicle IMO

I run my tank down to empty (0 dots, --- Miles Remaining) more than 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time I fill up with less than 3 dots remaining. I have never experienced this problem, but that's because I'm fully aware of it. I'm not extra cautious on right hand turns or anything, but I am definitely aware not to push too hard when gas is low.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote