View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
So I live in Vegas and its already in the 100s and rightfully so my A/C decides to just blow hot air.

Now my first thought was cabin filter until I came on here and discovered that apparently the 2009s don't have cabin filters. Does anyone else have any advice? I'm not trying to drop a grip of cash for someone to fix my AC if I can do it myself.

Thanks
IF you have the Stillen Gen 3 intakes it could be that they're rubbing against the AC line and have caused a rupture. You could check that. If it's not that then I'd probably refer to the other advice in the thread. However, I have the Gen 3's and AC literally went from cold to warm while I was in the car and it was for the reason I mentioned above.

Ultimate fix was taking it to Nissan dealership to replace the line and service it, and then at home immediately after cutting a section of garden hose and placing it as a buffer between the intakes and the ac line itself. It's worked perfect since then.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote