View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #276 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe this thread is 19 page long. I bet OP is not even following it anymore But in case he is, enjoy your AT as it is really a good one, and there is no way I can shift faster with my manual than you can with your paddles.

However if you get a chance to own a stick, try it. That's the only way to really know if you will really like it or not. Doing just one or two learning drives with a stick, just won't do it.

I'm lucky to own both as my GTI is an auto with paddles and it's quick shifting as well. But the only time the GTI gets driven is when I need extra room in the car, other than that I prefer driving the Z because of the manual trans.

One last note, the GTI paddles move with the steering wheel. Personally I prefer the paddles stationary, like in the Z. Enjoy your 7AT guys, it's a good one