Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #180 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeto View Post
Denny, do you not have access to a local Cob Pro tuner? If that's the case, is that why you are trying to tune it yourself?
Cobb in Plano Tx did the initial tune and frankly didn't work out very well.

When the car was at Cobb wasn't privy to the data logs nor what was being done tuning wise. However, upon being able to log myself and looking at the curve of the dyno output, feel I could have done a better job IF the software was effectively working. An issue that may have thrown off the tuning session is the intake temps were 108 degrees and that may have been an inhibiting factor, plus there were software issues.

Fairly well connected in the local hot rod community and personally know Kenny Tran and Bob Norwood so national level tuners to take the car to really isn't an issue. Basically took two years off from the medical/surgical field and all I did was mod and race cars. At the time sponsored by a dyno shop around cars being tuned every day so feel pretty comfortable doing a basic tune. Lots of people are a lot better than me, some maybe not. The thrill is in the chase which is why I do it myself plus a big believer that you try and learn something new every day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 370Z cobb jpg.jpg (357.2 KB, 22 views)
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote