Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #769 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Well here is the pic read below pic for the rest of the story....never fails

So what should have been a 1.5 hour job turned into me wasting my entire day at the shop. First I get called out and told that no matter what the installer tried the flanges would not line up....I said what if you flip that part over (mid pipe).....oh ya that will work he says That took about 2 hours because they took alignments in before I got there (15 minutes after they opened) even though I had an appointment. That is the only lift my car can get lifted by.

Then I got called out for a clearance issue on the passenger side. Im not sure if the JDM cars have it or not, but it is a fuel evap box behind the right rear tire. It will not allow the exhaust to go up as high as it needs to go. That is why it looks a little bit uneven in the pic. I ripped of a plastic shroud to give it a 1/4 more clearance but it is still resting on the box. I know it is just for emissions and I found a DIY to remove it but it throws codes/lights. So im going to try something else first.

Once he finally got everything in fired it up BAM exhaust leak. It was small but sounded awful. My 3" down pipes didnt mate well with the 2.5" Zele flex pipes. The passenger side was good though so what it boiled down to was Zele making the bolt holes to big on the driver side. Mating up to a 2.5" down pipe, long tubes, or test pipes would have been fine though.

Overall even though that seems like alot of bitching im pretty happy. It looks sick, sounds nasty at low rpms, and finishes off what im able to purchase of the Zele parts. I mentioned it sounding good at low RPMS because it may be my head messing with me, but it seems like it gets more quiet the faster I went with it.......Sounds clips will help me with that though because im not behind the car.

I think it has a pretty constant hiss at idle or a rattle from hitting the emission box. I will be investigating it further. Sound Clip/Video coming soon!

Edit: Ya all my pictures came out horrible too. I used our cheap camera and the sun washed out all the shots. Oh and I really have to paint the whole section black now it looks worse with this setup.

Last edited by Mr&Mrs; 06-01-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote