View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #2373 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Really? Proof of this? Seems to me like it would take off stress of things. Yes the CBE is supported by rubber hangers so it can move but to me it still seems like major stress at the header to head location. Probably why race applications require your to safety wire those nuts.
Read any of the dozens of FI customer reviews. This exhaust is constantly complimented on it's ease of install and borderline Better than OEM fitment. Tony and his crew did an outstanding job making sure you could literally pull this out of the box having little or no technical expertise at all, and install it with Zero problems.

Flex pipes account for vibrations, and motions from the engine/header/cbe, yes. However, typically they are not made from the same grade of steel as the rest of the exhaust, so they will rust out. 2ndly, they are typically lower at their point under the body than the rest of the system so they have a potential to scrape easier. 3rdly, a lot of companies use them so that their system doesn't quite have to fit exactly right, there is room for error. Tony doesn't operate like this, nor should anyone else. You make it fit, or you scrap it and start over.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote