View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #2372 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Because the kit is built to fit perfectly from the start. Flex pipes account for inadequacies of designs.
Really? Proof of this? Seems to me like it would take off stress of things. Yes the CBE is supported by rubber hangers so it can move but to me it still seems like major stress at the header to head location. Probably why race applications require your to safety wire those nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
The flex pipes give more room to adjust for the fitment, but when the car moves all the moving force is applied to the flex pipes thus it's easy to sag and broken after the time. I think Tony explained this somewhere. Just can't find it now.

Hmm ill have to find that. Makes no sence to me at the moment.

Edit, quick google turned this up first. Seems I'm not alone

http://g35driver.com/forums/intake-e...flex-pipe.html

Last edited by synolimit; 05-31-2013 at 05:29 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote