View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gibby1113
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
Gibby1113 is on a distinguished road
Default Do I need to get my transmission checked?

Hey guys so I bought my 40th not to long ago and it came with 21k miles on it. I had never driven standard prior to having this Z so I had to learn in it, but there's some stuff that's kinda got me worried. Obviously I don't know if its normal or not due to the fact I have nothing to compare to other than the 92 ranger I used to learned how to drive standard.

I notice that when I press in the clutch all the way and I'm shifting from 1st to 2nd I can actually feel a disengagement and the car sorta feels weird. I'm doing all the footwork correctly and shifting correctly. My friend who has driven standard his whole life notices it too. When I say disengagement I actually mean like you can feel and hear the changing of gears and its not that great of a feeling. When I shift from 2nd to 3rd it feels way smoother and 3rd to 4th is butter so is 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th. I guess my questions are, is the tranny suppose to feel like that when I shift? Do I need to get something checked? Do I need to get a new clutch? Change the gears? New oil? I just wanna know ahead of time before something messes up and I can't drive my Z for a while

Any advice is much appreciated guys thanks.
40th anniversary #450/1000 | Takeda Attack CAI | Ark DTS exhaust | to be continued...
Gibby1113 is offline   Reply With Quote