View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #190 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
Automatic transmissions are for those who find driving to be a confusing task, for those who need to focus 100% on pushing one pedal. Rather than admit that driving is a skill that needs to be practiced and mastered, the people who favor automatic transmissions blame their poor driving skills on everyone and everything else. Real men drive cars with manual transmissions. Real men understand that cars need three pedals, otherwise the vehicle is nothing more than a fancy golf cart. Men understand that driving is a skill, and that the best way to master this skill is to maintain absolute control of all aspects of a car at all times. If you think it’s better to let the car tell you what to do, you may as well turn in your testicles so that they don’t get in the way of your marathon sessions of watching The View.
Don't ever buy a GTR because you won't be a "man" if you do. Can I get a GTR owner to chime in here? You still a "man"? Hmmm... I know his womanly race car would stomp all over you nuts any day of the week. Next?

Quote:
Automatic transmissions just aren’t considered cool; they are designed and built for your grandmother and have unappealing nicknames like “slushbox.” Newer dual-clutch automatic transmissions don’t fare much better, and are now often called “flappy paddle gearboxes.” Nothing flappy will ever be manly.

Men and manual transmissions seem to go hand in hand, and not just because you can’t say “manual” without first saying “man.”
I'm beginning to think you are having some self-esteem issues or you aren't secure with yourself. Not that I really care. Just pointing out the fact that while you are in here trying to push people's buttons regarding a personal choice on the vehicle that THEY spent THEIR money on, you have failed to really understand that the auto is still a highly capable track car and I find I can push it harder and more easily than the 6MT.

Quote:
We know that eco-warrior at its core is the opposite of manliness, but perhaps not all things eco-friendly are for wusses. Manual transmissions have historically been more energy efficient than traditional automatic transmissions, and a quick look at EPA numbers will show that a manual version of a car can get 1 to 2 more miles per gallon than its identical automatic-equipped sibling.“Green” is trendy right now, and that means that all the ladies (especially the attractive ones) are doing what they can to project a “green” image. Play your cards right and the ladies will be all over you when you tell them that your manual 370Z gets several mpg more on the highway than the automatic version.
You are so 2000 and late on this one. Did you not get the memo? Try reading next time. I'm now beginning to think you know nothing of the 370. Do you even own one? Sounds like typical internet BS to me.

I wish there wasn't always this stupid screen in between me and the people I want to yell at.