View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pheonix
Track Member

Drives: Black 370 6MT
Pheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the rough
Default Too good not to question

Hey ya'll, bit of a dilemma I'd like some input on from the more knowledgeable folks here and/or the dealers.

As I'm typing from work on a cell I'll try to keep it brief for all our sakes.

The crux of the situation is this: local dealer finally located a Sport Z, but its outside the state. First he tried to tell me he'd give it to me for 32500 without telling me its actually out of state, until I call him amazed he could find one locally. Turns out its the same another dealer tried to get for me but that one was at least up front about the 800 dealer swap fee. In addition its got NO extras, i.e. mats, locks, guards or kickplates. I tell him I am not interested in that, with 2010s right around the corner and a model matching my wishes surely among them locally.

So he writes back, throws in everything but splash guards, takes it down to 31500 with no transfer fee and wants to make a deal by weeks end. Ordinarily I'd move on this; sounds like a great deal.

Here's the catch.

He claims that he cannot get a VIN for me and while he sympathizes with my caution at signing for anything sight unseen, the Z will not and cannot come to Memphis without a John Hancock, but I can certainly drive a demo if I want to get a feel for it.

I have suddenly become very, very leery. Is it truly impossible to give me a VIN an transfer without paperwork done? He won't even tell me where its coming from. I really was going to jump, too. Thoughts, please? Opinions?
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote