View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
Don't take this negatively, but first off, you need to do a lot of reading on this forum and on the web in general about the available systems out there. Use the search function. Yesterday, I read a 39 page thread on S/C vs. twin turbos for our engines that's on this forum (GTM's original release thread from 2011). I thought I knew a lot already, but learned some specific knowledge reference how our cars react to both these systems.

Secondly, by your post we can tell that you have a lot to learn, in general, about performance upgrades (difference between a 25 row oil cooler and a trans cooler...).

Again, I don't mean to sound like I'm digging on you, but if your considering adding a s/c to your car, you better educate yourself. That's a ton of $$$ to think about spending, especially if you aren't knowledgable about these cars, the 3.7L motor, what's needed pre/post installation, etc, etc.

Get reading and good luck with the search!!
All of this. Plus, the AT does not do well with power over the 400-450whp mark. You can tinker with line pressure and a cooler, but you'll still have to deal with the clutch packs being too small in the higher gears. If you're set on this, figure the cost of the kit to be about half of the total build cost. There's a lot of other stuff you need, and it adds up quickly.