View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #143 (permalink)
Fishey
Base Member

Drives: Volvo T5-R
Fishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
**** car. Done with it. I'm not going to go and bother blowing a whole day to do what Nissan should have done, unless Nissan is going to pay me my standard working hourly rate to do it for them. I work to pay for my toys, and while installing mods is fun and I like it, fixing things that shouldn't need fixing that shouldn't be wrong is just drudgery to me.

The nose doesn't have to dip. If the pads touch rotor, the car starts shaking, now. Previously it was just the wheel, but we are now to the point that I get a bit of that blurry vision when my head touches the headrest and I brake, sometimes. Maybe that sounds worse than it is, but the whole car is shaking and my Dad in the passenger seat who can tool around in a busted down ex police car with no AC and a floor-pan that you can see pavement through, immediately proclaimed "something isn't right".

Everything that you have listed was done by the dealership. They checked the calipers and everything. The service manager suspected some form of hardware issue and made sure it was all inspected. I KNOW they are going to get tired of seeing my car, so I don't think they limp-dicked it, I really don't.

Now you're right, I might come in and find something wrong behind them, but I'm not going to hunt around my Dad's warehouse to find all the tools I would need, and kill an afternoon doing it, when I am pretty sure it's nothing I'm going to detect without specialized items (tq wrench, maybe Nissan specific measuring devices?). I'm really just not keen on spending the money to buy a good tq wrench and burning an afternoon. Further, I sleep during the day, typically, and this isn't something you do at night.

I never loved this car, and I'm not going to go out of my way for it now of all times. I spent my time wrenching under it when the Berk CBE I bought wouldn't fit for **** and I had to off-set it enough that when it sags down and the hanger on the left side slips off the grommet, it's sitting level. That was enough fun for me. Oh, I also installed Z1 smooth intake tubing...without removing the strut brace. At night. With a flashlight. Without breaking anything. It became a struggle of ego.
I once took a car to a dealership 3 times and they couldn't find an issue under warranty. At the time I worked for the company at a different location and got in some regional people involved with a plan. I found the problem and then marked the problem at my shop with a giant yellow paint marker arrow. Then I wrote a message "bad ball joint". Then I took it to the service area for the 4th time for the same problem and again they couldn't find the problem. However, I had the contacts and resources to get corporate involved and the service writer and 2 techs were basically told they could no longer service their brand. So the dealership ended up firing them as a result.

Needless to say I would take it to a reputable independent at the very least.
Fishey is offline   Reply With Quote