View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #72 (permalink)
osbornsm
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
osbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Anyone else get interesting wear on their track pads? My outer pads on each corner seem to wear a little thinner at the top of the pad versus bottom (by top, I mean the widest radius of the rotor, and bottom, the smallest radius).

I cant imagine I'm getting odd pressure with my calipers, the boots on each piston look just fine...
That is called "pad taper" and it will make you think your brakes are going soft whereas the actual fluid is fine... the pads themselves are trapezoids and require a little extra push before the entire pad surface meets the rotor.

My solution: Swap sides of the caliper for the pads. Even's them out.